Friday morning we headed off to Westfield Mall for a Little Gym trial class for E. We cut ourselves too close time wise, and we arrived at the location with 5 minutes until class time. Little did we know Westfield is HUGE!!!! It’s a giant multi-story mall with every shop imaginable, yummy restaurants, and home of The Little Gym! After calling, asking, and following a map, we happened to wander across the Little Gym and we were only a few minutes late yay! Eli was so excited to be back in his happy place, because he’s obsessed with Littls Gym! The only thing missing was his bestie, Alice!
After Little Gym, we ate a fantastic breakfast/lunch place called Bills and Joe got a European haircut! Eli enjoyed the blueberry pancakes, Mommy enjoyed the spinach avocado bacon salad, and Daddy loved the avocado toast with salmon!
We decided to take the bus back to our area. Joe did not enjoy the bus because it was bumpy and he was squished, but I would personally rather take the bus with the pram (stroller) then navigate up and down stairs, lifts, and on and off two different tubes to get there!
We signed our lease for our flat and put down the deposit! Can I say scary, but so exciting!!!! We got back to the house and because E only took a super short nap in his pram, he was a grouch to say the least! After a Level 10 meltdown, knocked over drying rack, spilt water all over the floor, key holder pulled off the wall, and a screaming toddler who wanted “Elmo outside”, we finally got out the door to meet new friends at the Brampton Library! It was great to get out and there were tons of kiddos at this library! We will definitely be attending again soon!
Overall First Week Thoughts:
- I feel very safe and comfortable here! I feel like we have been here for months!
- I’m excited we have found some activities for Eli to start participating in so he can meet some new friends!
- I need to move Eli’s books in the living room because he knocks them all down a million times a day to get the very bottom one!
- Oatmeal is called porridge…. why?
- What do you do about a toddler who is obsessed with the iPad? We super limit it, but he asks for it all day… if he gets the least bit upset or tired, it’s “Elmo iPad”. Now he’s also discovered our phones and calls it “sones”. So when we are out and about and he can’t have the iPad, he starts crying for “sones” HELP!
- I’m ready for a sunny day so we can try out some local parks! It’s been too wet for any parks or gardens!