It’s crazy that we have already been in London one month. Joe and I were talking, and part of us feels like we have been here forever… but the other part of us feels like we just landed a few days ago!
Month 1 has brought a lot of changes, and I want to keep up with them by month to see how things change over the time we are here!
- We spent one month in temporary housing and now we are in our permanent place and loving it!
- Joe has started a new job which brings some long days and long nights.
- Eli is starting to sleep in a big boy bed now that he is officially out of the crib (We fought it as long as we could, but he was climbing out whenever he pleased anyways, so we decided to save the money and skip the crib)
- Eli started The Little Gym and the bars and balance beam are still his favorite!
- We have made a few American friends in the area, and we look forward to meeting more people the next few months!
- We made our first visit to the A&E (hospital) for Eli! He sprained his left knee and right ankle at Little Gym, but he is back up and his running self now!
- I had my first month with my ABA business being 100% virtual, and so far so good! I have a few late night Skype meetings with my team, but so far so good!
- We have learned our way around our areas, and we now have lots of shops and restaurants that we are frequent visitors of!
- We finally got a bank account and now that we have it, I am not sure why we need a UK bank account? Ha.
- Joe and I have become frequent coffee drinkers, when we didn’t drink much coffee back in the states. I drank pretty much zero and Joe didn’t drink it daily or anything. We now have our daily favorites. I like a plain skinny Latte and joe likes a Flat White.
- We have had tea once since we have been here. And we still haven’t had crumpets or any kind of English breakfast. (We do love us some fish and chips though!)
- We tried a Mexican restaurant, and it was $90 and the food was no bueno, so we won’t be frequenting there again. To get our Mexican fix for the Super Bowl, I made homemade pico and fajitas (no tortillas because I couldn’t find any).
- After the first week here, I thought it rained nonstop here. However, it hasn’t been near as much rain lately, and we have only put the rain shield on the stroller once in the past 2 weeks! However, as I type this, it is heavy raining outside!
What We Are Looking Forward To:
- We are looking forward to lots of visitors coming soon! My mom is coming at the end of the week! My sister comes in the day she leaves (and maybe my cousin-Jor?!?). Then Joe’s parents are coming in March! It has been fun planning events and travels with all of our visitors! So…. everyone come visit!
- We are looking into getting Eli into soccer or a sport the next few months. They have some indoor facilities nearby that seem fun!
- I am excited to get the flat decorated and make it feel homey! I have had fun so far pinteresting, reading blogs, and browsing the local shops to come up with some fun but practical ideas for the flat! We don’t want to acquire a bunch of stuff that we have to bring home with us (because we already have a storage room full of stuff in Dallas), but we do want it to feel like our home! So I am currently trying to balance the two! The first thing up is ordering pictures!
- We are looking forward to a few trips coming up with friends, family, and a trip to DisneyLand for Eli’s 2nd birthday!